Friday, March 13, 2009











I went on a field trip to a Buddhist nunnery. It was pretty neat but extremely boring, so I just took photos the whole time. The trees were really cool and I took a bunch for you to see Dad. I met a hilarious local guy who is obsessed with hiking and camping and wants to escape the city every weekend so hopefully i can go and get some nice pics. He told me he uses a net to swim out and catch fish for breakfast!!! He found a crab once and cooked it as well. Can't go this weekend because we are moving to Tai Wo. Next weekend I'm going to Malaysia!!! Jeff says it's the most Muslim nation in the world. Can't wait to see what it's like. It's on the equator so it's gunna be hot! included are some pictures of my campus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

same place mom and I visited!

Bob said...

Penjing is the name the chinese give to "trees in a pot" which corresponds to the term "bonsai" which is a japanese term. Great photos, Nate. Some look like Penjing which are very distinguishable from Bonsai and some look like bonsia. All are beautiful. I like your pictures of trees too, Nate. The one of the man in front of the roots of a [Banyon?] tree is great. You have a good eye for photos, nate.
Great to chat with you this morning. All is well here. We miss you ... all of you.
love,
Dad

Bob said...

Looking at your photos again, Nate. Great photos.
I suppose you are back in Hong Kong now from Malaysia. Tough getting used to a new home especially for Anna, Naomi and Jeff. I hope you are all well and settling in. Prayers especially for Anna as she gets settled again and for Naomi.
love,
Dad

Post a Comment