




Today I returned from another trip in my journy. A recent friend Brett and I traveled to Taiwan for 7 days and we experienced all sorts of new and interesting food, people, scenery, and some Chinese New Year culture. It was a good idea to travel to another Chinese country because we didn't have to miss out on the lunar new year celebrations. We spent two days in Taipei, two in Kending, two in Kaohsiung, and one last night in Taipei. The trip was wonderful and I took loads of pictures. We met some really funny or interesting travelers and locals, both alike I will remember with a laugh or frown. I will write about each town we stayed in and include photos from each place in separate posts. So here goes my tip...
Taipei is very much like Hong Kong, China, and USA put together. It was a bit dissapointing in an anti-climatic way when we very arrived, but we grew to really like the place and how things are there. Bakeries and coffee shops on every corner made our mouths water and filled our bellies. Actually you could get any wonderful bake good you could possible dream up, small pizzas, beef buns, cheese filled buns, loaves of hearty nut and fruit bread, all for about 1$ USD! One day we bought 3 big loaves of amazing bread ( my favorite was cashew cherry orange zest) and ate them all in one sitting!!!!! We were a bit ashamed and amazed afterwords, but it was too good to be true! Taipei is artsy and more spread out making it really enjoyable to walk around and absorb everything.
2 comments:
That reminds me of Puebla, Nate. I would walk around with my friends just looking for a good new place to eat because there were so many and it was pretty cheap. They had street vendors that made the most amazing whopper-like burgers because they were sooo big but they had crazy stuff on them like shredded carrot. They were my favorite thing, but they did give me Montezuma's Revenge!!
hahah! We had realy spicy hot pot and the locals tried to explain what was going to happen the next morning with gestures hehe
Post a Comment