Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Chinese New Year is approaching, no class for one week. I have decided to join a friend on a trip to Taiwan. The country in know for it's natural beauty and also I'll hopefully get to bring my bike along and do some riding. Taiwan is home to tons of the bike industry manufacturing warehouses, including several BMX companies. Our friend Penny (a local bmxer) said he would give us some contact information so that when Brett and I get there we can hopefully have a local show take us around (and suggest good things to do) and see some bike factories. We will fly into Taipei (boasting the world's second largest skyscraper) and spend a day or two, and then hopefully take the bullet train down south to experience the nice weather and the beaches (if it's not too crowed from the lunar new year) I'm very excited and hope everything will go well. A local sitting next to me in class today responded when I told him about this trip, "bring an extra memory card" ...so there will probably be plenty of photos for the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment