Thursday, January 1, 2009


Today it was in the 20'sC so about 75 out and sunny. Sooo nice compared to Wisconsin. This morning we ate dim sum which is a bunch of different breakfast dishes, and had some flower tea which was brewed by flowers floating in the tea pot. Very tasty. For lunch Jeff and I road our bikes around and we stopped at waterfront park which was really beautiful, lots of flowers, fountains, and cool trees. It was along a bay and you could see really tall hills shooting up everywhere in the distance. We ate with Ami, their helper, and her church group of a about 10 Phillipino women. Again the food was so tasty! For dinner we drove to a local place for hot pot. You get a pot of soup stock on a burner at your table and you order fish, meet, vegetables, noodles, and everything is raw too. Then you pick what you want and boil it for a bit and it's really delicious. It's supposed to be healthy for you too because the food is so fresh.

4 comments:

Daniel Mortenson said...

Nathan if you would like I can make spelling corrections to all your posts like I did with your first. I found only one on your second post!!

nate mortenson said...

ha! very funny maybe next time i'll email them to you before posting

Bob said...

Great pictures, Nate. Who are the people in the picture above with you?
Dad

nate mortenson said...

Those are Anna and Jeff's friends from ICS. I can't quite remember their names but I know they are canadian. The lady sitting next to me is Maggie, she was in Anna's wedding.

Post a Comment