Thursday, January 15, 2009
The school environment is definitely different. Kids talk during the entire lecture!!! The level of talking is like a study hall, not really loud, but everyone is chatting away and it's so surprising! On two separate occasions someone actually answered his phone and talked for a bit during class and the teacher took no notice!!!! I thought the teacher would be really angry but she just kept on teaching away. My schedule is really tough.... no classes on Monday, Art of the Moving Image on Tuesday, World religions on Wednesday which looks like it will be really interesting, Cultural communications on Thursday which only seems ok I'm going to try and pick up a Chinese culture class instead of that one, and Spanish culture on Friday which is taught in Spanish so I don't feel like I need to take as language course! I'm very pleased so far and I think the semester workload will be ok. Jeff told me of a beach that he has been to in which you have to a get a ride a bus to a ferry that will drop you off at an area, and from there you have to hike for about an hour to get to the beach. It's supposed to be very local and Jeff said cows even graise around there and sometimes wade in the water at the beach. This time of year no one will be there and you can even camp on the beach if you want. So on Sunday I'm organizing some friends to go out and maybe swim a little and have a fire. I'll upload photos of the whole thing if it all works out. In other exciting news, I bought a plane ticket to Malaysia to visit Jeff side of the family for when Anna, Jeff, and Naomi will be going later in March. I'm very excited about this trip because it will be super hot, there are beaches to swim at, and the food is extremely cheap Jeff has excitedly told me.
2 comments:
Dang nate, im lovin your posts so far. Mom told me the other day that you're hangin out with some french guys? That's awesome. How's the map working out for you, is it helping? Emily and I are so inspired to visit by your stories and pictures, we just plain old can't wait. By the way, animal collective is releasing a new cd on the 20th. I've listened to some songs and so far they're not bad. Looking at the cover art makes me dizzy though. Glad you're having fun, and say hello to anna, jeff, and naomi for us!
I sure will say hi to anna and jeff. It's so nice to live with them. I can escape the the hustle bustle of the city and lounge in my humble abode haha. But really the place is kinda ritzy, there are guards, a swimming pool, small clementine trees, it's really nice. I sure hope you and Emily can come to visit, I would have an absolute blast to be able to show you around town. And of course you could meet my french friends! I told one that you have studied in Salon-de-Provence (right?) but they weren't quite sure where that is. Anyway I wish I had studied french so I could chat with them but oh well. by the way happy birthday!!! I'm only 48 minutes late my time I forgot to tell you a day early :)
Post a Comment