Friday, January 23, 2009






I had the most amazing experience today. After class I took the train to a extraordinarly busy part of HK to pick up my China visa and I was waiting in line to pay for it when I realized that they only accept cash; i only had my debit card. To make a very long story short (it would be too confusing to try and explain all of the details as to why getting my visa was so important) a lady infront of me noticed the extreme expressions of dissapointment and frustration I was wearing. I didn't have cash and the office was about to close so she payed for my visa ($130 usd) and followed me out to an ATM so I could pay her back. She saved me LOTS of trouble and a wasted plane ticket to Taiwan which whould have left my friend no other option but to travel alone. Praise the Lord is all I can say, timing couldn't have been better for me there.
In other news tomorrow Anna and Jeff are excitedly going to show me the do's and don'ts of Shenzhen China. Can't wait! Oh and massagies for only 5 bucks an hour!

here are some random shots

2 comments:

Jeff said...

good story, good pics as usual. keep the posts coming. this blog is really nice.

Rachel said...

Woah! I can't believe that woman had an extra $130 cash on her!! Maybe she was an angel, Nate! Have fun in Taiwan!

Post a Comment